scriptrunner - how to clear watchers when creating subtask

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2016

I'm using scriptrunner to create a sub-task as a postfuction in one of my transitions. 

According to https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/123997 I should be able, in the sub-task create transition, set something to tell it not to inherit the parent's field values.  I am unable to find where to unset "Set Field Value from Parent".  All of the parent's fields that also exist in the sub-task are getting populated with the parents values.  I can live with this, but would REALLY like to clear all of the watchers out.

Here's what I have so far that's working like a charm.  The question is - what do I add to it to clear the watchers from the sub-task?  Thanks!

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(sourceIssue).find {it.name == 'Product Name'}
issue.summary = sourceIssue.getCustomFieldValue(cf)
issue.summary = issue.summary + " - License"
issue.description = "";
checkLink = {link -> false};

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2016

You can use this scripted post-function to remove all watchers from an issue:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

def locale = ComponentAccessor.getLocaleManager().getLocaleFor(user)

def watcherManager = ComponentAccessor.getWatcherManager()
def watchers = watcherManager.getWatchers(issue, locale)

watchers.each { watcher ->
    watcherManager.stopWatching(watcher, issue)
}
DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2016

I put your scripted post-function as the last post-function in the sub-task create workflow.  Didn't work.  I'm assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that the sub-task create transition invoked from the parent workflow executes the post-functions that exist in the sub-task create workflow.  Or does it not?

I then tried putting it in the sub-task create transition in the parent workflow and received the following error:

[c.o.s.jira.workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction] Script function failed on issue: IS-10597, actionId: 911, file: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:210)
	at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.get(LocalCache.java:3936)
	at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.getOrLoad(LocalCache.java:3941)
	at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.get(LocalCache.java:4824)
	at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.getUnchecked(LocalCache.java:4830)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.watchers.DefaultWatcherManager.getWatcherUserKeys(DefaultWatcherManager.java:159)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.watchers.DefaultWatcherManager.getWatchers(DefaultWatcherManager.java:136)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.watchers.WatcherManager$getWatchers$0.call(Unknown Source)
	at Script47.run(Script47.groovy:11)

The sub-task create workflow now looks like this:

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(sourceIssue).find {it.name == 'Product Name'}
issue.summary = sourceIssue.getCustomFieldValue(cf)
issue.summary = issue.summary + " - License"
issue.description = "";
checkLink = {link -> false};

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
def locale = ComponentAccessor.getLocaleManager().getLocaleFor(user)
def watcherManager = ComponentAccessor.getWatcherManager()
def watchers = watcherManager.getWatchers(issue, locale)
}
DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2016

To be clear, I don't want to clear the watchers from the parent issue, but from the newly created sub-task.

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2016

In the sub-task, I added a "clear watchers" transition that only calls your code and it works like a charm.  It's a couple more steps (have to go into the sub-task, etc) but better than nothing!!!!

adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2016

Great, glad its working for you. Yeah sticking it on the create transition for the sub-task will work.

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2016

Putting it in the create transition for the sub-task did not work. I just have a New -> New transition called "Clear Watchers" and all it does is run your script.

But it does exactly what I need. So thank you.

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2019

Hello! 

i have an error in this place: 

The script could not be compiled: <pre>org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: Script19.groovy: 6: expecting '}', found '-' @ line 6, column 25. watchers.each { watcher -&gt; ^ 1 error </pre>.

Added a Custom script post-function (scriptrunner).

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2019

Solution: need to change "&gt"  to  ">". 

Thank`s a lot to cool guys from the telegram`s chat of Atlassian Community!

Suggest an answer