scripted field

Nadim Jarjour January 28, 2015

Hello Jamie,

I would like to add a scripted field to a project that sum the number of selected values in a multi-select list custom field.

I create a scripted field with the below code: 

return ((getCustomFieldValue(10528)?.size())?:0) as Double

and I am getting the below:

The indexer for this field expects a java.lang.String but the script returned a java.lang.Double.

Any help plz ?

1 answer

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2015

Hey Nadim!

It seems you may have to change the type of the indexer for your scripted field. To do that, just go to the Add-ons tab in JIRA's Administration panel and look for Script Fields under the Script Runner section on the sidebar of the page. On there, click the Edit button on the upper-left corner of the field description and check what you have defined as Script Template and Configured searcher, that are located right below the big field for inserting the script on the page.

Scripted_Field.jpg

To work with Double data type, you may select the Number Field  as the Script Template and also change the Configured searcher as Number Searcher.

I also tagged your question with the one monitored by the Script Runner plugin developers, so that they can also help you if what I suggest doesn't resolve the issue you are having. (surely they know much more about it than me...) wink

Cheers!

Joao

Suggest an answer