scripted creating "Cascading Select" custom field

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

Hi all!

I need a "Cascading Select" custom field (2 levels). It should be populated with a a few hundred distinct values as options and I need to automate the creation and maintenance in some way. I have the values in a xls, is there some way to create the options using Jelly or another scripting language?

I want to generate the code from the xls sheet ...

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2013

Jelly supports the creation of cascading select - there's an example of how you nest the options on the jelly tags page at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Tags

p.s. Hennings is right too. You should use whichever you're more comfortable with - both work and both are neat, relatively simple and lend themselves to adding lots of options from a spreadsheet.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

You can use the Script Runner plugin and a built in script to import values into customfields from a text file, even for cascading selects.

Suggest an answer