script runner event listener condition not working on issue commented

Bart Woznicki December 12, 2015

I am trying to transition an issue only if comment is added via email listener and comment author is matching custom field on that issue.

So I have noticed when JIRA is listening for emails and adds a comment from email the issue commented event does not fire, so instead I use issue updated event. But this condition for some reason always evaluates to false and transition does not happen.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
def commentManager = ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager()
def comments = commentManager.getComments(issue)
def approver
def author
if(getCustomFieldValue("Access Approver")){
    approver = getCustomFieldValue("Access Approver").toString()
}
author = comments.last().authorApplicationUser.toString()
if(author == approver){
    return true
}
else {
    return false
}

If I test the two field separately the returned string is the same so the condition should evaluate to true.

What am I doing wrong here

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2015

Try to speed up debuging using this: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32982259.

First of all Check that "getCustomFieldValue("Access Approver").toString()" and "comments.last().authorApplicationUser.toString()" return the some value.

Bart Woznicki December 12, 2015

I have, I got another scripted field on the issue that compares them too and returns true if they match. So I know for sure that condition should return true.

Suggest an answer