script listener not cloning with two conditions; when "all projects" selected as source

Raj Adluru July 12, 2016

running a script listener - clones an issue and links

when i select a single project for source, event - issue created

1. for one condition  cfValues['testcf1'].value == 'opt1', this works fine, it creates a clone in target project and links
  2. for two condition - cfValues['testcf1'].value == 'opt1' && issue.Labels()*.label == 'test' , this is not working

Also for 1, one condition, if i select "All Projects" as source, since i want clone any project issue with that custom field, scriptrunner is creating multiple issues continuously, i have to cancel the operation.

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist], can you please check this and help us.

i want clone an issue from any project, when both conditions are met, how can we achieve this with scriptrunner.

thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2016

So, one easy way to address the infinite issue creation would be to add a third clause to your condition that prevents cloned issues from being included. You could either specify the project & issue type that the target issue will be, then exclude that specific project/issue type combination in your condition.

Another way would be to use the Additional issue actions script block to set a field on the target issue, then exclude issues with that field set to that value. For example:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
issue.setCustomFieldValue(customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("My Custom Field"), "DO NOT CLONE THIS")

Then, your condition might be

"test" in issue.labels*.label & cfValues['testcf1'].value == 'opt1' && cfValues["My Custom Field"] != "DO NOT CLONE THIS"

Your comment above is right, and should resolve the labels not being considered.

0 votes
Raj Adluru July 13, 2016

Jonny, Thanks for your response, i am selecting target project and issue type for above event listener.

Problem is when i select source as "All Projects" infinite issue creation happens. when i select single  project as source, this works fine.

i want to clone an issue from any project when condition is met to target project.

0 votes
Raj Adluru July 12, 2016

for 2 conditions below code works good.

"test" in issue.labels*.label & cfValues['testcf1'].value == 'opt1'.

but still when i select "All projects" as source, it keeps cloning issues!!!!

Suggest an answer