script failing.The script is failing with custom field XXX

l April 20, 2014

Below is the error on using the “XXX” with customfield_10855.

===========

Creating BL : I&V Feature Test Setup Readiness - Uplink Min Rx Access

Status : FAIL : Warning: user is not an administrator. Custom fields names are not available for use or validation. Use custom field ids!

Remote error: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteValidationException: {customfield_10855=Version with id '1404_2' does not exist.} : []

Fix version: Release

RG40

===========

Syntax used in the script:

jira_cmd_suffix=' --action createIssue --project "'+project+'" --type "'+issue_type+'" --summary "'+summary+'" --assignee "'+assignee+'" --reporter "'+reporter+'" --fixVersions "'+fix_versions+'" --affectsVersions "'+affects_versions+'" --components "'+components+'" --custom customfield_11383:"'+ran_no+'",customfield_10855:"'+XXX+'",customfield_14790:"'+a360_id+'",customfield_11890:"'+sp+'"'

jira_cmd=jira_cmd_prefix + jira_cmd_suffix

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2014

It looks to me like the custom field is a *Version* type field and you've given it an invalid version ID. Check that field 10855 is of the right type first, and then what the available content is in the UI

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2014

Ok, have you tried it with the ID of the version, not the name? I think you need to use IDs throughout this.

l April 20, 2014

Thanks noc for checking.As you said the field is a version picker.but

1404_2 is a valid version

l April 20, 2014

How can i find the id of version

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2014

Go to the list of versions in the project and hover over the link leading to one of the edit/update options

l May 2, 2014

it worked thanks a lot.But 1404_2 works for updating field of “fix_version” but doesn’t for start sprint as the field values are same?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2014

They're different objects with different types and IDs.

A version is a version type object, but a sprint is not a version. (I suspect it's a sprint object, rather than an "option" or plain "string", but I've not looked). It doesn't matter that they have the same name, they're separate entities.

0 votes
l April 20, 2014

1404_2 is a valid value for the custom field

0 votes
l April 20, 2014

I took the value of the custom field from admin sextion-->configure

Suggest an answer