scan the testcases in all issues in a project

lynn Xia December 29, 2020

I need to get all the test cases through scanning the issues in one project.

What can I do first?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

How are you telling Jira that you have test cases?  Is it an app, or something you've configured?

lynn Xia December 30, 2020

something some people configured.

I wanna know if exist a way or an interface to get the cases?  or the only way is exporting the test cases to a file to get them

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

Ok.  So you will need to scan for that something that some people configured.

yeah. I mean, the Test Number in all the issues in a project. how to scan for it

yeah. I mean, the Test number in all issue tickets in a project, how can I scan for them

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 31, 2020

I don't know.  You have not told us what you mean by "scan" (I would guess you mean a search, but I can't guess what you want to do with the resulting list of issues), or what you're looking for (what have people configured that you want to "scan" for?)

lynn xia January 3, 2021

yeah, scan means search.

in a project, there can be a lot of tasks/issues, right? and people will add cases in 'Test Number'. And I don't know what they add. My purpose is getting all cases in all tickets. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2021

Ok, one down, scan = search.

Can you please tell us what you are searching for?  "add cases in test number" and "all cases in all tickets" tells us nothing about the data you are searching for, so we can't begin to define a search.

Are these things sub-task issues?  Are "tickets" Jira issues or does it have a more specfic meaning than that?   Are "test cases" issues themselves, or have you got an app that is handling them separately from issues?  

lynn xia January 3, 2021

A jira ticket(issue type is new feature/task) has one item: Test Number which is placing cases, right? anyone can edit(add) it, right? So I need collect what they edit(add).

lynn xia January 3, 2021

Capture.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2021

>A jira ticket(issue type is new feature/task)

So you mean "issue"? 

> A jira issue has one item: Test Number which is placing cases, right?

I have no idea.  You have not told us what this is (where it is coming from, how it is stored on the issue, or what it is for).  

I am stuck on what you mean by "placing cases" too, but I think you mean that there is a relationship between an issue and a "case".  You have not said what a "case" is though - something an app is providing?  Or a different issue type? 

It might be easier to just look at; Is "Test Number" a field on an issue?

If it is, then can you tell us what type of field it is?  If it is not a simple field, then can you explain what it is (maybe what app is providing the type?)

lynn xia January 3, 2021

Is "Test Number" a field on an issue---yeah. as the pic above. 

it's a simple field. 

lynn xia January 3, 2021

Capture1.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2021

Ok, that looks like a text field.  

So 

"Test Number" = "what you're looking for" 

will do the job, assuming you've put the right text in everywhere.

Suggest an answer