save custom data to hsql

mehran haghani November 22, 2013

Hi

how can i save my custom data to jira hsql db? does jira automatically backup my custom data like other data in db (such as issues) in the xml files?

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2013

First, there's no point in coding for HSQL - you would never use your code on a production system because you would never use HSQL in production.

Second, forget the database, you should not use it directly. Use the internals of Jira to handle the database and you can stop worrying about backup and all the other stuff that goes into the database. You can also forget about what type of database it is

Finally, for storing your own data in Atlassian application databases, use Active Objects. Start at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Active+Objects

mehran haghani November 24, 2013

thanks Nic

my jira version is 3.7 so i guess i can not use active objects,is it right?

i find 2 approach to store mydata to database

1-using SAL

2-using ofbiz

for SAL again ,it seams that it is not supported by my jira version

if ofbiz is the solution, how can i use it to store my data ?

is there any other way for my purpose?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2013

I think you're right, for Jira 3.7, you'll need to use ofbiz.

I'm afraid I don't know where to start with that. Personally, I'd upgrade as you're out of support and active objects make it soo much easier, the first time I needed to store anything outside the config of a plugin, I upgraded instead of try to learn ofbiz.

Suggest an answer