sample code for creating issue through JavaScript

Admin OnBoardify July 1, 2014

I am looking for a sample code for creating issue through Javascript. Also JIRA is not a local instance. I'm new to JIRA tool and would like to understand what do you mean by instances. I browsed through the tutorials and could'nt find any example that could be useful for me to make calls to JIRA through Javascript. Highly appreciated for your answers...

Thanks in Advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2014

An instance is what the dictionary says; "an occurence or case of something". So an instance of Jira is "a Jira that someone has installed on a server" - we usually say "instance" to imply a single Jira, with other "instances" being used by different people for other purposes.

I can't help you with the javascript directly, but I wouldn't bother with it myself. Jira has "issue collectors" which save you having to write any code at all - they generate a bit of javascript for you to embed in your applications. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Collector

Suggest an answer