restore backups

mehran haghani July 20, 2013

hi,

how can i restore my jira 3.x bakups to my jira 6.1 ?

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2013

Hi Mehran,

Upgradation link helpful for you.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA+3.x+Data+to+JIRA+6.x

Regards

Onkar Ahire

Hi,

is there a way to convert jira 3.x xml file format to jira 6.x xml (backup files) format?

Hi,

is there a way to convert jira 3.x xml file format to jira 6.x xml back files format?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2013

Yes, you can manually edit the whole lot.

It's far more easy, and safer, to migrate it through a string of versions of Jira.

Hi Nic

can you tell me more about this?how can i done it?

thanks a lot

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2013

For manual editing, what you'll need to do is configure and implement a test system on the version you are aiming for, populate it with data in such a way that you've got an example for each type of data you've got in the source system, export the xml, and then work out what storages have changed and how, then exit the old xml to match the new one.

What I'm getting at here is that yes, it's technically possible to edit the xml. It's effort intensive, hard work, slow and prone to mistakes and problems. Compared with doing the upgrade properly, as Onkar pointed you to, it's a nightmare. I certainly wouldn't even bother - if the backup data is small and simple enough that I'd think about doing manual editing, it's also so small and simple, it would be far quicker to type the data into the new system

Suggest an answer