resolution per work flow step jira

David Wong December 5, 2013

Hi Guys,

i have this project and within the issue view screen, i would like to have custom resoltuion such as :

1. Invoice start

2. Invoice progress

3. Invoice complete

sorry if i am not explaining it properly.

Regards,

David

2 answers

1 vote
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2013

You can use this documentation on Defining 'Resolution' Field Values and adding the resolution field to the view screen but I would strongly sugest no to do so.

Setting the resolution field will make JIRA consider the case resolved. Issues with the resolution field set to anything different than EMTPY will be crossed out on every page since it is considered resolved.

More info regarding that can be found in:

Closed Issues Showing as UNRESOLVED or Open Issues appears as Resolved with Strike Through

David Wong December 5, 2013

Thanks Mauro,

Would you know how to display those fields in the issue view screen ?

Regards,

David

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2013

To add a field to a screen, simply configure the screen and add the field.
To go to the screen, do gg (to open the search) and type screens, then configure to the default screen. Again, I strongly advice against adding the resolution field to a screen because if done incorrectly it will also appear on the creation screen, and by default it requires a value to be set to it. That means that as soon as you create an issue, edit, or any action with that screen, you will be declaring it resolved, every time.

More info about fields and screen can be found here

Does that help or you are trying to add the Resolution field to somewhere else?

Cheers

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

Are you sure you want resoultions for that? Maybe you should consider a workflow status to show in which status the invoice is, because issues with resolutions are "resolved " like Mauro writes.

David Wong December 11, 2013

Thanks Henning,

I guess that what i am trying to do, could you suggest a way to get this done ?

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

You could create new statuses matching your requirements and modify the workflow for this issues to set the status of the issue matching the invoice. Or if the invoice is not the main part of the issue, you could create a select custom field "Invoice Status" with the statuses for the invoice and display this custom field on the view issue screen.

Suggest an answer