resolution WAS Unresolved on x not working

James Prestwood May 8, 2014

I'm trying to look at the historical state of JIRAs on a given date but I'm struggling.

If I try running project = XX AND resolution WAS Unresolved ON 2014-05-09 AND fixVersion = "xx" I get no results returned, but running project = XX AND resolution = Unresolved AND fixVersion = "xx" returns a number of results. As they are both effectively looking at today I would assume I would see the same result for each.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using JIRA v6.2.3.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

When JIRA shows Unresolved the field in the database is null.

using "resolution WAS null" worked for me, thanks for that!

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

Hi James,

could you try "2014/05/09" instead of 2014-05-09 ?

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks for the reply Peter, unfortunately "2014/05/09" also returns no results for me :(

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2014

it could be that it simply doesn't work on the current date.

Does it return anything if you try yesterdays date?

Best regards,

Peter

It doesn't. I've got a few JIRAs open in the project/fixversion that have been in there and unresolved all month and they don't return for any date this month

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2014

that's wierd, when I try the following :

resolution was Unresolved on '2014/01/01' it does return the correct results in my instance.

Could you drop the fixversion variable and try again? That seems to be the problem.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2014

I'm glad you finally got it to work :)

it did the same with no fixversion, but going off the other answer changing it to "resolution WAS null" strangely worked, no idea why unresolved works for you but not me!

Thanks a lot for your help, its much appreciated

Suggest an answer