reset system administrator

Help - anyone -

I imported and On Demand JIRA to create a Intranet JIRA server, there was not wizard and no system administrator set up. There is a sysadmin with sysadmin@local email for the one site/system admin. I do have other imported roles for admin, just not sys admin. The system is using a hslq database. I do not see a jira-config-properties file, either. I need to add add-on but can only do so with sysadmin ... how can I reset either the password or the email address - to reset the password?

Thanks for the support!

-Tim

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks Nic  ... working on it now!!

This widget could not be displayed.

The export from Cloud creates a standard system admin, which you should use to grant more admin rights to the real accounts you want to have it, and then delete it.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Cannot+login+as+sysadmin+after+import+backup+from+JIRA+OnDemand+to+JIRA+Standalone

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

157 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you