requirement volatility measurements

Prasad February 24, 2015

1) Will JIRA leave the history of how many times a "Story" is getting changed after sprint start? change can be of any type: addition/modification/deletion.

2) There is a "control chart" option introduced in the Reports. From where can i export the source data used to plot this chart? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

Hello @Prasad,

Question 1

Will JIRA leave the history of how many times a "Story" is getting changed after sprint start? change can be of any type: addition/modification/deletion.

JIRA keeps a full history of each action, transition, comment, edit, so forth. This can be viewed in the History Tab and is exported is some (not sure which right now) export functions. Please view this documentation: JIRA Latest: Viewing an Issue's Change History.

If you are looking for a Counter of how many times an issue is edited, this can be accomplished on Server JIRA via a Scripted Custom Field.

Question 2

There is a "control chart" option introduced in the Reports. From where can i export the source data used to plot this chart?

Data can be exported to an HTML-based XLS file, please follow this documentation: JIRA Latest: Exporting Search Results to Microsoft Excel.

Pete Jones August 16, 2018

Despite the discussion here I have yet to find a useful way of exporting histories from JIRA. 

In fact, I am finding JIRA as a whole so useful that I am loosing the will to live! 

Lots of the features seem to be here to support JIRA rather than support customer business needs. 

Do you bother to elicit requirements from customers at all?

Suggest an answer