requirement for atlassian jira with acunetix enterprise

muhamad fadzil ramli January 7, 2018

hi,

Currently i'm doing integration between acunetix and jira, as this my 1st time integrating jira with acunetix enterprise, i want to know the requirement for the following items;

1. does it require web api for acunetix to communicate with jira?

2. what port does this communication will be used?

3. what the authentication method used for this communication?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2018

1.  The best way for Acunetix to talk to Jira is over the Jira REST interface. 

2.  Whatever port your Jira is running on

3.  You have a couple of options

Start at https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/  (I find the examples a better starting point than the technical docs)

thank you nic  for your reply, but the link is not available. i got 404 error.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2018

Bother, sorry, I forgot.  This software annoyingly pads urls rendering them invalid.

Either copy the link exactly as it appears, or open the link again, get the 404, and then go into the url field and remove everything from /%C2 to then end of it and hit enter.

thanks again nic, the link works now

0 votes
Vignesh C January 9, 2018

Hi Team,

I am getting the following error when trying to integrate with jira

"Invalid login credentials, account locked out or CAPTCHA required."

Could you please help to resolve this error?

Thanks in advance

Vignesh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2018

That means roughly what it says.

The account you are using for this integration has tried to login and failed too many times, so it is looking like a security risk.

Either try to log in as that user and pass the tests, or login as an admin and go to user management and set their attempts back to zero.

You will need to ensure your remote settings are correct of course - if your application or script is getting it wrong, it's just going to lock you out again.

Vignesh C January 10, 2018

Hi Nic,

Thanks you for reply :)

I am able to access JIRA with login credentials that i used in Acunetix, account does not seem to have login issue when manually logging in.

I am running the JIRA  on my localhost for testing purpose.

Still i am getting the same error, also i am trying with admin credentials.

I have enabled captcha in JIRA

Is there anything in configuration i am missing?

Thanks 

Vignesh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2018

This sounds like your Acunetix account details are valid, but when you present them to Jira, they are not.  Does the Acunetix account exist in Jira?

Suggest an answer