required fields

Alex Adams July 14, 2014

I am having trouble setting up a new project with muiltiple issue types.

I have some issues that require curtian fields to be filled in and other that dont require the same fields, in fact the field are not even part of the other issue types, however i still get an error message to input a vaule.

any help would be great, cheers.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2014

Check the "field configuration schemes" you have set on the project. I suspect you haven't told it "use scheme 1 for issue-type A and scheme 2 for issue-type B"

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2014

Hey,

you should have a look at the field configuration scheme configured for that project. It maps field configuratiosn (e.g. required fields) and issue types.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Field+Behavior+with+Issue+Types

You have to use different field configurations if a field should be mandatory for one issue type and optional for another...

Cheers

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2014

i think you are usins same field scheme for all issue type and made it fields are required/optional on that

so you need to make sure each issue type have their own field scheme associated then we can make field required/optional on specific field scheme

check this doc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Field+Behavior+with+Issue+Types

Suggest an answer