request portal access

6 answers

Which portal are you requesting access for?  This site is a community user site for Atlassian products.

Hi,

I'm unable to create tickets via email after giving portal access.

Sorry this is still not helping me give you any help. Can you confirm the following assumptions. You are using JIRA Service Desk Cloud. You have setup a customer portal. You want to allow customers to email their request to JSD rather than use the portal.

User management --> Restricted Portal access

Hi Phil,

I've given Restricted Portal access. Since then the following user unable to create JIRA tickets via email.
My objective to reduce my users.. So I'm planning to give them only Restricted Portal access..
Shall appreciate if you can come up with any plans or suggestions.
Thanks

Hi Phil,

I've given Portal access.. Since then the following user unable to create JIRA tickets via email.
My objective to reduce my users.. So I'm planning to give them only Portal access..
Shall appreciate if you can come up with any plans or suggestions.
Thanks

Ah now I think I have a little more clarity. So you want the users of your Service Desk Portal to be able to raise requests by email. 

To do this you need to make sure you have set up the JSD mail handler correctly (this is different from the JIRA mail handler you might have been using before).

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver030/receiving-requests-by-email-761768815.html for how to do this in the current version 3.

Phil,

Thank you for your inputs. I have created the email handlers and everything is working perfect.

However the users who had Restricted Portal access were unable to create tickets via email.

Is there some settings that I need to give them or shall appreciate if you can explain me more about Restricted Poral access.

Thanks

Have you worked through the resolving issues page at https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/troubleshooting-issues-with-the-email-channel-732528950.html in particular "Customers send emails to create requests, but no requests are created and customers do not receive any notifications."

And just to double check you have confirmed these are JSD Mail handlers NOT JIRA Mail Handlers you have checked.

Only the users with Restricted Portal Access were unable to create the tickets via email.

Can you check what permissions you have given to your JIRA Service Desk customers. (Reference https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html) You need to make sure they have a permission to create not just the anonymous user.

Phil,

I really appreciate your time and patience.

I have enabled the following user to Service Customer Desk role. Still not able to create the ticket in JIRA.

What permissions are set for a Service Desk Customer?

Given access to the following user Service Desk Customers project role

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

131 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you