reports on custom dropdown field

Matthijs Vanaarsen January 3, 2018

How to build reports on custom fields ?  

I use a custom dropdown field in the ticket form and I would like to report the amount of tickets by these options as a category.

Would it be possible to add subcategories ? For example in the dropdown list I recieve multiple types of problems I want to be able to manualy add them to subfolders with reports as well.

How do I configure this ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

Technically, you don't "report on custom fields", you report on issues and choose to focus on particular fields.

So, a report on a drop-down is an easy one.  Run a filter for the issues you want to report on ("Field x is not empty" for example), and then save it.

Go to dashboards, create a new one, or pick an existing one you own.  Add a "filter statistics" gadget, select your filter, and the field.  The gadget will now tell you how many issues have each option selected.

For sub-categories, I'm afraid "sub folders" makes no sense in Jira terms.  But you can do that as a field - use a cascading select instead of a simple select list.

Suggest an answer