reporter field blank in jira

Paul Dillon November 12, 2014

Normally when issues are created in our JIRA the Reporter field is automatically filled with the name of the logged in user. But it only works for some users. Is this set at group level or in the permission scheme? I can't find why the 2 users (ones for whom it works and the ones where it doesn't) are different. Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2014

The two users use the same browser? Could it be caused by different browser compatibility?

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2014

Paul,

There might be an issue with the workflow post-funcion to auto-assign issues upon its creation. Checking what is the workflow condition might help us to understand what's happening. Please refer the screenshot below as an example.

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 5.04.32 PM.png

You may also check our workflow post-function documentation below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-postfunctions

Hope it helps!

Cheers

L.F

Paul Dillon November 13, 2014

HI, it has an assign function on the post functions of the Create function and that works fine. My problem is that the reporter field is usually filled in by Jira automatically with the user ID of whoever was logged in and created the issue originally but this doesn't always happen. Details: I log in as 'user1' and create an issue which gets auto-assigned to user 'dev.pool'. so now we have an issue with assignee of 'dev.pool' and reporter of 'user1' I log in as 'user2' and create an issue which gets auto-assigned to user 'dev.pool'. so now we have an issue with assignee of 'dev.pool' and reporter is blank. user1 and user2 seem to have the same permissions so how can this happen? They all use the same browser. Thanks

Suggest an answer