reopening a ticket should reset custom field to null

Rene Minder September 9, 2014

Hi

We have added some custom fields to the tickets in JIRA which need to be cleared when tickets are being re-opened. Checking the forums and guides didn't help so far. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

Yes, you would need to add a post function in your reopen transition where you clear that custom field ("Clear field value" postfunction) or set it to empty ("Update issue custom field" postfunction)

Within the workflow when I click on "Add Post Function to Transaction", I get under "Update Issue Field" only the following options available: > Assignee > Description > Environment > Priority > Resolution > Summary > Original Estimate > Remaining Estimate > Time Spent Am I looking at the wrong place? BTW: We are using JIRA version 5.2.5, build 847

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

Don't you see "Update issue custom Field"

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

Ahh, always forget that this is part of a plugin --> JIRA Suite Utilities https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities

worked like a charm. many thanks for you help!

Suggest an answer