removing imported users

Kirill Zapolski November 5, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to delete user which has been created during migration process from Bitbucket issue base. But the answer is:

<usernamecannot be deleted because of the following problems.

• Cannot delete user '<username>' because 15 issues were reported by this person.
  • Cannot delete user '<username>' because 1 issues are currently assigned to this person.
  • Cannot delete user '<username>' because they have made 11 comments.

Is there a way somehow to merge-delete user? I mean a function like "let's all issues/comments from <username> will now be from another user <another_user> and then delete <username>"?

And thanks, i really enjoy your products!

Regards,

Kirill

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2014

Hi Kirill,

You should be able to simply bulk edit the issues to change the reporter/assignee fields from one user to the other, but you can't change the Comment authors.

Actually, Atlassian doesn't recommend removing users in order to keep the historical data intact.

Instead you can simply disable the users they won't be counting towards the user license count, won't have access to the application and won't be able to be added as assignee/reporter for any new issues.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Kirill Zapolski November 8, 2014

Marcus cool, I've found out that imported users are not counted in JIRA or Confluence users list. Thanks!

Suggest an answer