remove released stories after modified workflow?

Calvin Hoot January 8, 2016

A team I am working with had redundant statuses for meaning "done" and wanted to simplify. I took a bulk action of converting the other statuses into done, and removing them from the workflow.

In doing this, now stories that have been released (with an associated release version) are back on the board even though they didn't change into an active state, just a different completed state.

How do I clear the board which was normally acting based on release version?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Calvin Hoot January 13, 2016

Solution, there were three done statuses.

1. 'Accepted' was shown on the board
  2. 'Closed' was hidden from the board
  3. 'Done' the status we wanted

in moving Accepted and Closed to Done, the Accepted stayed off the board (because they had been released) but the Closed tickets were never part of a release and now populated the board.

I did a search by the activity window to find the tickets I bulk changed from Closed to Done, labeled them, created a version to capture those tickets, then assigned to the version based on label.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2016

What part the JIRA Agile Board are you referring to here? Can you post a screenshot? What issues to be displayed/hidden in a board is something that is configured, so we just have to know what your current board configuration is and which part smile

Calvin Hoot January 11, 2016

JIRA Version 7.1.0-OD-04-012 JIRA Agile - 7.1.11-D20160106T005545 It's a Kanban board/project. I think you may have inadvertently helped me figure out what's wrong; I believe things marked as Closed (now switched to Done) were hidden from the board, and the others that had been released are still released. Validating with the team shortly...

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2016

ha! Good to have helped in some way

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2016

Do these issues still have the resolution on them?

Calvin Hoot January 10, 2016

I moved from "status meaning done 1" to "status meaning done 2". Then I removed "status meaning done 1" The resolution is "status meaning done 2", and there is an associated fix version, but it's ignoring this fix version and is back on the board.

Calvin Hoot January 10, 2016

my guess is that the problem lies with jira considering it a new "resolution date"

Suggest an answer