remove or grey out the "Configure Fields" button on a "create issue" screen

john.pfotzer@verizonwireless.com July 15, 2015

How can I remove or grey out the "Configure Fields" button on a "create issue" screen so a user will not see it

3 answers

0 votes
Clemens Luebbers September 8, 2015

You might consider this javascript:

AJS.$("#qf-field-picker-trigger").hide();

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

where are you using this? need more info to consider

Clemens Luebbers November 10, 2015

You can put a script like below in the fielddescription in the fieldconfiguration of the project / issuetype. <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> (function($){ $(document).ready(function(){ removeTrigger(); // Alternative: JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (event,dialog) { $(document).bind('dialogContentReady', function(event, dialog) { removeTrigger(); } function removeTrigger() { // Verstecke Button zur Feldauswahl AJS.$("#qf-field-picker-trigger").hide(); } }); More professional solution would be to create a ressource plugin for javascripts and to include it there. As such resource is loaded on every screen / project, you must implement some logic, when the functionality shall be executed and where not. However, I did not do use that approach for such script yet.

0 votes
john.pfotzer@verizonwireless.com July 16, 2015

Nic, I sure appreciate your answer. I figured as much. I will plan on leaving it alone.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2015

You'd need to hack it out of the core code I'm afraid.  It is part of a template, so it's editing a text file (which is buried inside a plugin if memory serves) rather than code change + recompile.  As usual, I'd advise against messing with core code.

Suggest an answer