Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remainders in JIRA

SPATEL November 19, 2020

Is there any built in option that I can leverage to send remainders to approver every week or every other day until they approved the particular thing in JIRA?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

@SPATEL  , as Jack mentioned, you can use subscription. But in case you need any specific text, you could set up some automation like adding the reminder text as a comment to the ticket (via scriptrunner escalation service or automation for jira) that in turn triggers the comment notification or script to send a direct email with the desired text 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

Yep and the advantage of this approach is you hit a target audience per issue. The subscription hits a broad audience which would include issues where an approver may not be interested.

SPATEL November 20, 2020

Hi @Fazila Ashraf 

Thanks! I was thinking about the subscription only but then had the question that you already answered. It means there is no in built functionality for personalized email or comment that I can use with subscription.

Hey @Jack Brickey 

Thanks for answering my potential next question. I totally agree with you, it's giving me the same issue. As I want to just send remainders to approvers for their specific issues. 

If there is not other inbuilt setting that I can use for condition, then I might think of creating individual filters for each approvers, but then that's lots of work

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2020

We used Notification Assistant for Jira (from Marketplace) for a requirement like this in the past.

Here is the example from back then:

• an approver (custom field) receives on Monday morning a reminder mail

only WHEN
  • there is an issue matching (JQL) that needs attention during the upcoming week (calculation through a custom field: "due date").
    ==> There is nothing that speaks again a second reminder - as many as you want (or need).

• The text the approver receives is targeted exactly using a template in Notification Assistant. Also we chose a fire red frame for the content of the mail ;)

The downside of "some kind" - it is an additional App which needs additional payment.

Filter Subscriptions like Fazila and Jack said are also cool but cannot be fine-tuned in some ways.

Cheers,
Daniel

Spatel November 24, 2020

Hi @Daniel Ebers 

Thanks for explaining! Will take a look, for sure

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2020

Consider using a filter and subscription. If you need assistance in this please let me know. 

SPATEL November 20, 2020

@Jack Brickey  Thanks! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events