release version across integration stash jira bamboo

AJ DaNelz October 28, 2014

basically we use release versions heavily in JIRA to organize our tickets. however it seems there is not way for us to link those versions across our integrations with bamboo and stash. currently i have to manually create release branches and ad build version number schemes whenever we plan a release. is there a way to integrate these three apps better?

1 answer

0 votes
Agustin Martin May 7, 2015

On the same note as @AJ DaNelz: I'm trying to switch over from using ClearCase and ClearQuest to JIRA, STASH (and optionally BAMBOO). Currently we can tag our new versions/releases in ClearCase (~STASH) from ClearQuest (~JIRA) when releasing a version. This kind of integration seems to be missing from Atlassian suite. Trying also to use git-flow model for code development, does not make things easier with Stash. In my testing I have to do a lot of manual things when releasing a version with Jira+Stash: Create a version in Jira, release it, follow git-flow model of release start ... release finish using the same version names (or doing it via Stash as an alternative). This feels cumbersome and error prone. Has someone found some best practises for easying this kind of integration?

Suggest an answer