release notes - I cant save them in a Version

Sys Wollesen June 3, 2015

Hi There.

I am trying to set up Release management in JIRA using versions and am trying to add relevant release notes to a specific version.

I can enter information to the Release notes box in either HTML or TEXT. But I dont have a button to save og cancel or anything? Therefore the entered text disappears.  I am an adminsitrator of JIra and we use version  Atlassian JIRA Project Management Software (v6.3.15#6346-sha1:dbc023d) 

Please help as it is a vital component in Release Management. Even adding it as an attachment or to be able to link to a confluence site would help me a lot

4 answers

1 vote
Deleted user May 13, 2021

Hi there! did you have a solution for this? I do see the save button when I add some custom comments in the release note but if I refresh the page, I can't see the comments anymore.

is it a known issue?

Thanks!!

Ilya Vinogradov May 26, 2021

I have exact same issues. If I modify the auto-generated release note and hit `Save`, the changes to the release note seems to be saved. However, if I navigate away from the page, when I come back to the release note, my changes aren't there. Seems like a bug.

0 votes
Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Hi,

The native release notes feature in Jira is limited in what it can do. It does not let you save any changes. 
If it helps, do explore our app Automated release notes that is tailor made to address the cases surrounding release notes use cases. If you are on cloud, there is a free version as well.

Best,
Anand

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2015

The idea is, when you are in HTML or TEXT mode, the only option you have is to copy paste the whole data into somewhere else (Confluence, PDFs, word etc...). You can add whatever you like afterwards

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2015

Hi,

Have you taken a look at the Creating Release notes docs?

You should have a Create button in order to generate the release notes with your added information there.

Cheers

zsolt_bitbucket May 14, 2018

While your statement is accurate and reflects on the instructional link you provided, I too am hitting the same issue where I get to the 'create' button, hit, it, and the next time I look at the release notes, they are still empty.

Suggest an answer