reject set up in workflow, how do i add permissions?

Jeff Goldring March 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Permissions overview

I created a workflow that provides the ability to reject stories that are then closed.  I also had my service group create a new product owner permission scheme and provided the permission to the product owner to reject.  Although it appears everything is set up correctly the functionality is still not being realized by the product owner user.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2016

Sounds like the new permission scheme was not applied to the project.

Jeff Goldring March 2, 2016

not sure if this provides further clarification but the permission schemes are developed and tied to Active Directory and are managed outside of JIRA and applied to JIRA.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2016

No, they're not.  LDAP is about users and groups only.  Permission schemes are purely JIRA artefacts and live and work within JIRA only. 

Unless you've got some heavily customised code that has moved them out of JIRA and they are overlaid by AD data somehow, in which case, you need to get the AD people to apply them to the projects (but I can't help you with that because I've never seen that done before)

Suggest an answer