vikesh February 1, 2015

my previous JIRA admin left the job  his email id is deactivated 

now i have to get access of JIRA admin i know only JIRA admin account name

i want to change password from db by the help of JIRA Help Guide

image2015-2-2 3:15:37.png

i gave password against the credential like 

update cwd_user set

credential='mypassword' where user_name='admin';

after this i try to login with these credentials but couldn't access the account again

kindly help someone

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2015

Don't use 'mypassword' for the credential; use exactly what it shows in the example.

The password is hashed, and using one in plaintext will not work.  The value in the example is a hashed version of 'sphere'.  Then you can login in as 'admin' with the password 'sphere' and change it to something else.

vikesh February 1, 2015

Hi chris i did same as update cwd_user set credential='uQieO/1CGMUIXXftw3ynrsaYLShI+GTcPS4LdUGWbIusFvHPfUzD7CZvms6yMMvA8I 7FViHVEqr6Mj4pCLKAFQ==' where user_name='adminjira'; restart JIra and gave username = adminjira and password = sphere but still getting error like below Sorry, your userid is required to answer a CAPTCHA question correctly. i am giving CAPTCHA and password again and again but it showing same still couldn't access :(

crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2015

Then perhaps the account has been disabled (the 'active' column in cwd_user) or does not have the correct groups assigned to it (the cwd_membership table covers this). It is easy enough to clear the captcha requirement (controlled by the cwd_user_attributes rows for that user ID), but it won't do any good if the account isn't actually allowed to log in. Maybe it would be easiest to update the e-mail address that is stored on the user account so you can reset it normally?

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2015

You cannot poke in a password - JIRA has the more secure model of storing a password hash, so the password is not retrievable.  You must poke in the password hash.  

If you use the hash given in the documentation you have found, you will also find that the password you can use is listed on that page ( sphere ).  Once you can login with that standard password, you can immediately change it to your own chosen password.

0 votes
vikesh February 1, 2015

i did same as

update cwd_user set

credential='uQieO/1CGMUIXXftw3ynrsaYLShI+GTcPS4LdUGWbIusFvHPfUzD7CZvms6yMMvA8I

7FViHVEqr6Mj4pCLKAFQ==' where user_name='adminjira';

restart JIra

and gave username = adminjira

and password = sphere

but still getting error like below

image2015-2-2 3:59:9.png

i am giving CAPTCHA and password again and again but it showing same