recently upgraded to jira 8.4 from 6.12

System Administrators November 12, 2019

everything works as normal... with one exception... We cannot access custom fields  on page 2.  We have 7 total pages of custom fields but for some reason page 2 will not resolve.  All the fields work in existing workflows/screens etc... but if we want to edit a custom field located on page 2 we are denied... attlassian-jira.log and catalina.out do not throw an error when attempting to access these fields... 

Alphabetically, fields beginning with CH through fields EP are not accessible via jira interface.  

Integrity check on db shows fields are fine...  

Thank you in advance for any assistance in resolving this matter

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 12, 2019

I'm pretty sure one or more field on that page have Javascript code injected on their description.

Is there any error on the Javascript console? You can find it using the F12 in most browser

Regards

System Administrators November 12, 2019

VM1092:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of null
at eval (eval at globalEval (batch.js?locale=en-US:33), <anonymous>:1:43)
at eval (<anonymous>)
at Function.globalEval (batch.js?locale=en-US:33)
at xe (batch.js?locale=en-US:44)
at c.fn.init.append (batch.js?locale=en-US:44)
at Object.appendContents (com.atlassian.plugin.jslibs:marionette-4.1.2-factory.js:31)
at e.attachHtml (com.atlassian.plugin.jslibs:marionette-4.1.2-factory.js:74)
at e._attachChildren (com.atlassian.plugin.jslibs:marionette-4.1.2-factory.js:74)
at e._renderChildren (com.atlassian.plugin.jslibs:marionette-4.1.2-factory.js:73)
at e.filter (com.atlassian.plugin.jslibs:marionette-4.1.2-factory.js:70)

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 12, 2019

I told you :)

Could you navigate to YOURDOMAIN/secure/admin/ViewIssueFields.jspa and press Edit link in each field to determine which field have the injected code in the description field?

Regards

Tomáš Koudelka July 28, 2020

Hi Jack,

is there any way how to determine the fields with injected JS?
We have really lot of custom fields, so we're not able to check out every field's description one by one.

Thanks,

Regards,

Marketplace Partner
July 28, 2020

Query the DB directly:

SELECT * FROM "customfield" WHERE LOWER(description) LIKE '%script%'

Regards

Hi Jack,

thanks for fast reply, but there is still something missing for me probably.

I found out 1 field "Description" in 1 filed configuration which has the JS injected. But this SQL query didn't show me this field :/

Thanks,

Regards

Marketplace Partner
July 28, 2020

sorry because the above query will only search for descriptions on customfields not on field configuration.

Use also

SELECT l.id, l.name, i.fieldidentifier, i.description FROM "fieldlayout" AS l, "fieldlayoutitem" as i WHERE l.id = i.fieldlayout AND LOWER(i.description) LIKE '%script%'

Regards

Like Tomáš Koudelka likes this

Jack, you solved it!

Thank you very much, it saved me a looot of time.

Have a nice day,

Suggest an answer