"assignee changed from" in jql returns null results

Igor Loskutov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012

Hi! It seems that one of my users can't use clause "assignee changed from". Autocomplete for this clause returns EMPTY result and after typing username and run search tells something like "Value *username* not exist for field assignee".

User that run query has permissions to view all projects in my Jira instance and has assign/assignable permissions in some projects.

When I put this user in 'jira-developers' group query work fine.

But group jira-developers don't have any permissions or roles in project where I need search and moreover this user is not developer.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012

Does the user has "Browse User" global permission? I guess the group jira-developers is used in that permission.

Igor Loskutov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2012

Exactly. I just didn't knew about global permission until that moment. Thank you Jobin.

Suggest an answer