"add status" button missing

Cristina Vega October 5, 2015

"Add status" button is missing on board configuration page. Although simplified workflow is selected, a status attached to the column is not created automatically. 

We are using simplified workflow and it is out of the box installation.
I have put my self into the administrator of the project (I am also a jira-administrator) and I have tried also with the user "administrator". It still does not show or no status created automatically. 

We have setup jira with AD integration.

Thanks! 

2 answers

2 votes
Evan Golden October 5, 2015

Is the status associated with the workflow you are building the agile board from?  If not it won't show as an available status for a column.

Jason Hollis May 4, 2020

Old response but wondering if solved? Cristina advised she can;t see the "Add status" button, not the status itself. I have added the status to the workflow, however the actual button itself is missing, even though I am a Jira admin and a board admin. 

Jason Hollis May 5, 2020

Solved myself. Make sure you publish the workflow after you add the new status. Doh. 

Like Mariam Kocharyan likes this
Mariam Kocharyan August 7, 2020

Thanks Hollis:)

1 vote
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2015

Seconding Evan. You need to add the status in the workflow editor.

Suggest an answer