"add status" button is grayed out

Integro Service September 23, 2012

I use the Greenhopper Simplified workflow

When I configure the board I want to add some statuses to the workflow, but that button is grayed out.

4 answers

2 votes
NathanG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

You should probably make sure the user who is editing the board is also added to the Project Administrators role for that project.

Ian Armstrong November 21, 2014

This could be easier to find. It's not in board configuration, but on the Jira configuration at a project level. A new board has no administrator, and therefore no status is created with the new column. Once I set myself as a project administrator, it worked as expected.

Shawn Ironmonger September 16, 2015

Thank you Nathan, the onDemand version spun up with jira-administrators as admin on project and it wasn't a group that existed at all. I was site-admins and administrators, but those weren't linked to the project.

0 votes
Andrei June 4, 2018

You have to click on that workflows link and define your workflow like add more workflow statuses, then assign them to the board. 

"Issues in these statuses won't show on the Kanban board or Kanban backlog." if it's not mapped it won't show.

0 votes
Dominique Boutin August 28, 2013

I have the same issue. It's using the simplified workflow but the add status button is greyed out and adding a column doesn't create a new status. Any idea?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2012

I suspect the project has not been swapped to the "do it in Greenhopper workflow". As a system administrator, look at the project administration.

Suggest an answer