"You must enter a valid verification word to log in"

Max October 25, 2013

I'm trying to sign up for a trial account, and everytime I try to log in to complete the set up with Google Apps I'm being forced to "Link Your Google Apps Account to Existing OnDemand Account" which asks me to log in with a specific unchangeable username.

It doesnt matter what I do at this point, I get the same "You must enter a valid verification word to log in" error each time. On the first login attempt, it doesnt even provide me with a CAPTCHA yet still throws the error.

I've tried everything, different IP addresses, clearing cookies, resetting/checking passwords for my the related Atlassian accounts. Using different browsers with no cookies/plugins/addons/sessions etc.

Nothing seems to work - any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Max October 29, 2013

Contacted Atassian via their JIRA SUpport systen, and after a few days they removed the link and reset everything.

Works now.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2013
Max October 25, 2013

I've tried resetting passwords for the account that Atlassian wants to link with. No luck.

Also, this is my first log in to this account, so I cant reset the password for this new user.

Suggest an answer