"You are not logged in" screen, and its usefulness.

opyate September 27, 2012

Hi, it's interesting that I get a "You are not logged in" screen, instead of the software making the best effort to log me in again. (I do tick the box "Remember my login on this computer")

What is the rationale behind your decision to implement it this way?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2012

I'm not sure what's wrong here - you are not logged in, the page you're trying to reach needs you logged in, so it's asking for a login. The software can't help you - you haven't been authenticated yet, and you need to do it.

Is there something like it forgetting who you are? Is it timing out your session too quickly?

opyate September 27, 2012

You're right. I should probably just get the ops guys to set the sessions to not expire (jsessionid related, I suppose).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2012

I think it's probably timeouts.

I know Jira has an expiry time internally by default, but it's hours. I lose my session when I close the browser because it clears stuff. But I only get the login screen when one of those two happens. If you've got the "remember me" flag set, then it should really be quite rare that it asks for a login...

Suggest an answer