"XSRF Security Token Missing" error

David Stokes April 20, 2017

In JIRA, I keep getting the "XSRF Security Token Missing" error.  I can click on retry and it seems to work OK.

But I keep getting the error - it doesn't happen all the time, but it's regular enough to be a pain.

3 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2017

Usually happens when you try to execute something by going directly to that url. The page is missing the valid XSRF token in that case.

If not, there might be something in your browser that is causing the issue. You will have to do some debugging to figure that out.

David Stokes April 20, 2017

I'm just on my Kanban board moving a task from one column to another

0 votes
Jennifer March 16, 2020

Has anyone gotten any insight as to how to tackle this error (I've got only 1 user who encounters it and I'm not having any luck finding a suggested solution).  Thanks!

0 votes
Ward Schwillens_ Schwillie October 25, 2019

One of my Jira users encounters the same issue. He gets an error "XSRF Security Token Missing" when dragging a task from one column to another in the Jira Kanban board. 

Is there any resolution for this? 

XSRF Security Token Missing error when dragging a task over the Kanban board in Jira.png

Darin Klein December 1, 2019

Our users are now experiencing the same error.  

sc January 6, 2020

Dear @Ward Schwillens_ Schwillie , @David Stokes  did you find the root cause of this issue ?

I have the same thing when my user do any type of operation on an issue, but it is not appearing all time but it is disturbing

Any idea ?

regards

Martina Riedel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2020

I leave my browser (Chrome) open overnight and something times out. Shift-F5 on the tab that has my board fixes it in all my tabs for the day.

In some ways it's a workaround. I haven't figured out a root cause.

Suggest an answer