"View on board" missing

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2017

So for a long time now I have been meaning to research the apparent disappearance of the "View on board" link when on the issue view screen. I know for sure this was there back in the day that I was using server and I'm pretty sure it was there when I first began using cloud. I really liked/used this link. Any ideas from the Community?

1 answer

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

It is not available for service desk projects :( 

You are right it was present , I dont know which version it was removed but when we upgraded few months back to 7.x I received so many complaints from our users about this link missing and they cannot believe that I cant get it back.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2017

That's true, because you can't create a board for a service desk project. 

But for regular projects, the link is still there:

image.png

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

There is a feature request for this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-61460

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2017

@Mizan, yes understood not for JSD but I'm not seeing for Jira (cloud).

@Thomas Schlegel, good to know it is still there for you. Now where has my little friend disappeared. :-( Maybe a cloud thing?

no_view_on_board.jpg

Suggest an answer