"User Deleted" in audit log every hour

Oh Well February 18, 2015

Hello,

We are using read only LDAP connection with local groups for our user management, and only users with certain group are synchronised with Jira. 

Couple of employees left, and they were moved to Inactive group, and all other group rights were stripped. 

But every since we did this, every hour there is audit log entry for User Deletion of same user over and over. Same goes for manual synchronization. Whenever I use this option, it tries to delete this user from cache. 

So far every attempt with googling failed me, so i came here to ask for help. Does anyone have experiences with this? 

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Oh Well March 23, 2015

Hey, i found a little workaround that im using. This is caused by jira trying to remove user, but since it wants to keep holding old refferences (like comments associated to the user you deleted for example) it cant really delete it. But on the other hand, since its not on AD side, it has to try every time it synchronizes. So my workaround was to create user in Internal jira user management with same name, that way you have reference to keep, you set account to innactive, so he cannot login, and account from AD will be successfully deleted. This will get a rid of msg in audit log. If you want to make it extra tidy, just create new internal user management for only innactive users and keep it up at lowest rank among user managements.

0 votes
Stephen Picone March 23, 2015

We are also having this issue. Is there a resolution available?

Suggest an answer