"User Deleted" in audit log every hour

Hello,

We are using read only LDAP connection with local groups for our user management, and only users with certain group are synchronised with Jira. 

Couple of employees left, and they were moved to Inactive group, and all other group rights were stripped. 

But every since we did this, every hour there is audit log entry for User Deletion of same user over and over. Same goes for manual synchronization. Whenever I use this option, it tries to delete this user from cache. 

So far every attempt with googling failed me, so i came here to ask for help. Does anyone have experiences with this? 

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

We are also having this issue. Is there a resolution available?

Hey, i found a little workaround that im using. This is caused by jira trying to remove user, but since it wants to keep holding old refferences (like comments associated to the user you deleted for example) it cant really delete it. But on the other hand, since its not on AD side, it has to try every time it synchronizes. So my workaround was to create user in Internal jira user management with same name, that way you have reference to keep, you set account to innactive, so he cannot login, and account from AD will be successfully deleted. This will get a rid of msg in audit log. If you want to make it extra tidy, just create new internal user management for only innactive users and keep it up at lowest rank among user managements.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,888 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot