"Time in Status" Report (JIRA Cloud)

Parker Lovelace January 18, 2018

I am looking for recommendations on how to run a simple "time in status" report for a development pod. Ideally, I would like to see a report that shows each of the various statuses for our scrum sprint board (ready for dev, in dev, ready for testing, etc.) along with the amount of time that issues spend in those statuses.

So far, I have only been able to create a chart that shows the "average time in status" across a period of time, using the JIRA "charting" add-on. This is not what I want. I would like something more granular that shows the amount of time each issue from the last sprint stood in each of the statuses. 

The end goal here, of course, is to help our development teams identify bottlenecks that we may have around any of the statuses. I am open to any and all recommendations whether it be an add-on, exporting into excel, etc. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

4 answers

2 votes
Mark Kern [SaaSJet] December 17, 2018

Hi, Parker.

There is a good solution for your request - "Time in Status for Jira Cloud" by SaaSJet.
This add-on shows the amount of time each issue stood in each of the statuses.

Moreover, for something more granular, this add-on will show assignee time, average time in status, status entrance date, time in status per date, status and transition count. All this reports you can export and view as charts.

It will also help you and your team to identify the points of blockage in any of the statuses.

Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2019

I suggest you take a look at the original Time in Status by OBSS. Our app does exactly what you need. We now have Server, Data Center and Cloud support.

The app Mark mentions is sadly a copycat of our product.

0 votes
George Mihailoff May 6, 2020

Our plugin, Quantify provides time in status as well as other lean metrics.

It is free with some limitations of course.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2018

Hi, Parker.

Since the question that you have here is similar to How do I know dates of all transitions in workflow for all the issues for the selected time period? , can you please check with the Cloud Support team to see if they can assist with the enablement of the feature on your instance? 

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2018

Hey Parker,

I know it's by far not perfect for you but you have tried the Control Chart report and played around with it a bit?

Best,

AlexV April 23, 2020

Any suggestions on what specifically?

Suggest an answer