"Time Sheet" gadget bug

Atlassian - is this in your backlog?

Using the "Time Sheet" gadget on a dashboard, supplying time on a given time actually records the time on a different day. I cannot come up with a pattern as to what date is decides to put the time on. In examples reported to me, and of those I have tried which confirms the defect, here is typical repro steps.

• Click a date in the grid.
  • The popup correctly denotes the date I have chosen.
  • Supply time spent and a comment if necessary.
  • Hit Enter and notice the new time entry is on some different date than the one I chose.
  • Drive into the issue in question and review the newly added time entry.
  • The time entry is indeed for the incorrect date (the issue, the gadget, and any timesheet report you want to throw at it all displays the time entry on the wrong date).

Workaround: Don't use the gadget to record time; use the agile board.

matt.png

2 answers

It seems this gadget is owned by Andriy Zhdanov. Do I need to go to the marketplace and find his website to report such an issue? Just curious on the process. This is a local plugin in the cloud instance, so not sure.

An updated version of this third-party add-on must be deployed to Atlassian Cloud. You can track it on this issue: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJIRA-514

Cheers
Felipe

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,826 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot