"There is a problem with your JIRA access."

Ronny Hanssen May 2, 2016

Screenshot - 02.05.2016 , 12.21.21.png

The error message in full reads:

Failed operation: SetOperation[entityName=jira.properties,entityId=1,propertyKey=jira.version,newType=5,newMapper=TypeMapper[handler=StringPropertyHandler,valueEntity=OSPropertyString]]

This stops us from even starting JIRA.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user May 10, 2016

We've encountered such error (Error occured during JIRA upgrade) without JIRA upgrading when JIRA DB transaction log was full. Backup/truncate on transaction log helped to resolve the issue. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2016

That can give you the same message you get in the question, but there are a load of other things that generate it.  The answer remains "read the log file to find out the real reason"

Deleted user May 10, 2016

We've got exactly same exception, not just same message about problem with JIRA access.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2016

Yes, and there are other ways to get the same exception.

Without reading the log, you do not know.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2016

I think your upgrade has failed.  You'll need to read the rest of the log to see what the root cause of the failed upgrade is.

Ronny Hanssen May 2, 2016

Thanks. But, we haven't performed an update. We updated 2-3 weeks ago and JIRA has worked fine ever since. But, suddenly stopped working today. Windows might have cycled the server due to automatic updates for all I know. Our sys-admin is on holiday too, so I am on a bit of thin ice here.. I have logged an issue with Atlassian support though. Hopefully they can help shed some light on this. I'll see if I can find anything in any logs meanwhile...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2016

The error is pretty clear in that it's detecting an upgrade is part done and it's failing.

It may be an add-on that needs to upgrade data though, the log should tell you what the upgrade is, and hopefully shed a bit more light on the specific error.

Suggest an answer