"Subtask was created but is not visible". What's the problem?

Eduardo Fuenmayor April 7, 2016

I asked my developers to create sub-tasks and estimate the effort for each one of them. After creating the sub-task, they receive the same message: "Subtask was created but is not visible". Can anyone tell me what the problem is... and the solution, if any.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2016

Couple of quick questions -
From where are you creating the subtasks? 
Do you have any issue security in place in that project?

Eduardo Fuenmayor April 7, 2016

I am the Admin, so I have no issues like that. My developers are creating the subtasks from the "Edit" (issue) in the right pane of the backlog.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2016

Ok.  There's a couple of things here

• Admin means "administrate system", not "can do anything".  Unless you've added admin groups to a security scheme, it has nothing to do with issue visibility
  • Guess #1 - although the subtasks say "not visible", you can actually go to the full view of their parent issue and see them listed on there?  Or find them in the issue navigator?  Is that correct?
  • Guess #2 - the subtasks appear in the work view of the scrum board once their parents are in the active sprint.  Is that also correct?
kunlemumuni June 17, 2016

Hi Nic, 

I am facing the same problem here. And yes, your guesses are correct. Please help. I need to see all tasks and sub tasks.

Eduardo Fuenmayor June 17, 2016

Hi Adekunle, 

The way I solved the problem, if I remember correctly, is: I went to the Project settings, and in "Permissions" I added the "developer" role to the different project permissions I wanted to give to my developers. You can do this for different roles and tailor the permissions for your project according to your needs. I hope this helps.

Eduardo

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2016

Right, this is simple. 

Subtasks are irrelevant in planning a backlog, so they are not displayed there.

Suggest an answer