"Set Field Value from Parent" doesn't work for "Label" and "Environment" fields.

Michael Pavlov July 15, 2013

"Set Field Value from Parent" doesn't work for "Label" and "Environment" fields.

It also doesn't work for any custom field...

It is working for "Component/s", but never as replacement, only for empty field.

Jira 5.2.5,

JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions Version: 3.0.1 License details: Evaluation, Unlimited-user commercial license, Standard, expires Aug/10/13

1 answer

1 vote
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

Hi Michael,

I've just got around to testing this from my end and the post function is indeed working for both Labels and Environment fields. Plus, it also works for custom fields as well.

Can you ensure that these two fields (and any related custom fields) are set to show for your sub-tasks? Also, make sure that the post function Set Field Value from Parent is the first post function in your workflow.

Michael Pavlov July 31, 2013

Hi Justin,

Yes, I verified these fields are visible.

Secquence in Post Functions for Create Issue transition:

Creates the issue originally.

Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners.

The value(s) of field Labels will be set from the issue's parent (replacing existing values).

The value(s) of field Environment will be set from the issue's parent (replacing existing values).

The value(s) of field Component/s will be set from the issue's parent (replacing existing values).

Only Component/s updated if field in sub-task is empty.

If it filled with any other value, it will stay with this value.

Thanks,

Mike

Suggest an answer