"Server Stash requires authentication. Authenticate to see additional information."

After upgrading to JIRA 6.2.4 users are presented with the following message when attempting to access either the "All" tab or the "Source" tab.

"Server Stash requires authentication. Authenticate to see additional information."

Is there a way to avoid this authentication request that's presented to users or is there any future plans to allow these tabs to populate via Basic Auth?

Our JIRA and Stash servers are currently set up with both 2 legged OAuth and Basic Auth.

We have tried changing the OAuth to execute as a specific user (the Basic Auth credentialed user) however that did not change the prompt.

The DB servers are internal db for JIRA and Crowd db for Stash so impersonation is not implemeneted.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Ryan, by definition the 2 legged OAuth should not require authentication, but it should be used when both application have the same users base. If you don't have the same set of users in your applications you may face problems.

Also, I see you mention that you have OAuth and Basic Auth, it's recommended to have only one authentication method enabled at a time for inbound and outbound communication. You may disable other authentication methods if you intend to use OAuth.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 14 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

41 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you