"Send mail for this update" checkbox is disapeared from the bulk edit form

David Lemon July 21, 2013

Hi,

Somehow the "Send mail for this update" checkbox has got disapeared for the general user by me (Administrator) please can you tell me how I can make it visible it again for the general user?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013
I haven't checked the documentation yet, but my experience is that the send mail checkbox that appears during bulk change is only available to administrator users. Okay, here is the documentation in it: "To disable mail notification for a particular bulk operation, deselect the Send Notification checkbox in the bulk operation wizard. In order for this option to be available, you must be an administrator or project administrator of all the associated projects on whose issues the bulk operation is being performed."
1 vote
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Hi,

Check the link below

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+%28%27Bulk%27%29+Issues

read under Disabling Mail Notification for Bulk Operations, check whether it is disabled, if disabled, you can enable it.

Hope this helps!

David Lemon July 21, 2013

hi, Do i have to be administrator to see that check box?

Then issue is the check box is visible from the administrator login but not from the jirauser login. So tell me is it ment to be just for admin or we can provide permission to a user to check or uncheck it?

Suggest an answer