Alberto Bandeira December 16, 2018

Hi.

I'm configuring a new project in JIRA

I understand the concepts:

- Issue
- Workflow
- Screen
- Field

But I get lost with "scheme" concept. There are Issue/Workflow/Screen/Field schemes, and I don't know what exactly they are, and which function they do.

I don't know why I have to configure them and in which order.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2018
Alberto Bandeira December 16, 2018

Hello Alexey,

I was looking for a diagram like that that is more worth than a thousand words.

I guess I can't ignore schemes. They are obligatory, ¿right?

I will read carefully the diagram for better understanding.

Many thanks!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2018

You are most welcome!

Alberto Bandeira December 19, 2018

Hello.

The figure is very helpful. However, I'd like to know the order I should follow to configure my project properly.

¿Should I start defining Screen Schemes? ¿Fields?

¿Is there a guide on this?

Many thanks in advance!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2018

It actually does not matter from which scheme to begin. You can begin with any scheme you like :)

0 votes
Alberto Bandeira December 19, 2018

Ok. But apart from schemes, should I start definig screens, then schemes and workflows in that order.

I mean, looking at the diagram, which is the right order, vertically and horizontally.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer