"Resolve" button disappears

Eugene October 30, 2014

Hi all!

it is very strange bug\issue and i don't know how to reproduce it, but description is next:
we have some created issue, we work on it, but when it is a time to close it - we have no button "Resolve".
We have a lot of another issues in the same project ( with same permission scheme and with same workflow scheme) and all is OK for them. We have just one way how to resolve it: we make a clone, then delete this issue and close cloned issue.

We haven't do nothing special to this issue to occure such bug.

i use "permission checker" an it says that i have permission to resolve this issue, but "resolve button" is not visible for me :(

Could You please advice something?
Thank You in advance for any help!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2014

Start by checking the conditions on the "resolve" transition on the workflow you're using for that issue type.

Eugene October 30, 2014

Hi Nic! thank You for your advice! i have already done it, even i have removed all conditions - but it hasn't helped :( i use "permission checker" an it says that i have permission to resolve this issue, but "resolve button" is not visible for me :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2014

Do you also have the "can transition issues" permission?

Eugene October 30, 2014

Nic, it is not a problem with permissions, i can do anything with any other issues. but in this issue i haven't button "Resolve"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2014

Mmm, you don't know that until you've checked, but we've got through that now. The next thing to try is the integrity checker (can't remember the location, just log in as an admin and use gg to look for "integrity") - that can fix issues that drift into an inconsistent workflow state (that error gives the symptoms you are seeing and is indicative of a crash, a broken script or plugin, or someone being an idiot with SQL in my experience)

Eugene October 30, 2014

Hi Nic! thank You for this hint! integrity checker has found few issues with the same problem, and it says that it was a problem with my work-flow. now i have fixed all. Thank You!

Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2014

Please accept Nic's answer. Reading through questions which are accepted by the requester already isnt nice ;)

Eugene October 31, 2014

Yes, Frank, You are right ;)

Suggest an answer