"Radio Buttons" custom field - unable to edit "Field Description"

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

Anyone else have this issue? I don't see a common problem out there.

The "Field Description" for a 'Radio Buttons' type custom field is not honored on the screen. I can change the value of "Field Description", but the old value remains on that field. I use the 'Multi Select Searcher' search template for this field. I tried re-indexing without success.

(The field description displays text adjacent to the field on a screen.)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2014

It's not clear what you mean by "text label".  Field name?  Field description?  Values on offer?

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

Edited above - sorry about that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2014

Makes sense now, thanks :-) The indexing and searcher have nothing to do with the Field Description, so, although it's a good guess, I'm afraid we don't need to worry about them. How are you editing the field description is the next question? In the field configurations?

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2014

Hmm, I can see it's been a while since I needed to update a field description. When you said, field configurations, I took another look and realized what I did wrong;-). I'm resolved now. In summary, to edit the 'field description' (so it's reflected on a screen for the user), I need to edit the custom field on the 'field configurations' screen (specifically, the configuration used by the fields and screens in question). I was editing the custom field's description doing on the "Custom Fields" admin screen instead of the "Field Configurations" admin screen.

Suggest an answer