"Please use a newer Browser like firefox or Chrome and NOT IE8. Atlassian is ending their support for this browser."

Randy Cox December 15, 2014

I'm using the latest version of Chrome, and I still see this message taking up space on my dashboard. How can I make it go away?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2014

Hi Randy,

Would you mind clarifying where this message is being displayed?

It might be that your JIRA Admin has included this message in the announcement banner. In this case, you would have to contact him to ask to update it (e.g. include some JS to display this message only on IE, or remove the message entirely once all users have migrated to newer browsers.

Cheers,

Danilo

Randy Cox December 15, 2014

It is indeed the announcement banner; I'll talk to our JIRA Admin. Thanks, Danilo.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2014

I get this too - it's usually because I've forgotton to turn off my "your stupid website tries to demand IE, so I've told my browser to pretend it is to get around your shoddy code".  Do you have one of the "impersonate another browser" plugins installed?

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2014

have you tried clearing your cache ?

Suggest an answer