"Overwrite" board filter with Quick Filter?

Paul January 22, 2018

Hi there!

Let's say the filter your Jira Kanban board is based on contains the argument "issuetype != subtask". The result is all your issues but no subtasks.

I was wondering if I can have a Quick Filter on that board which "overwrites" the board filter arguments with "issuetype = task AND issuetype = subtask". Result should be all task including subtasks.

I'm aware that I can have a quick filter "issuetype != subtask" which hides all subtasks but this requires to load all tasks and subtask first (slow due to a lot of tasks), the reload the entire board to hide subtasks. The goal should be a filter to load issue only if required.

Any ideas on that?
Thanks, Paul

2 answers

1 vote
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

Hi Paul,

As far as I can think, I can't find a way to do what you're asking for. As you mentioned, filtering using Quick Filters is probably the best option but you'd need to load all tasks at least once. That being said, once switched ON, the quick filter will remain enabled as long as you don't switch it back off. That's what we used for a customer on "Done" status: they had a backlog of 10k+ items, 95% being closed so the quickfliter was just saving a lot of time as the board loaded quicker once switched on!

An alternative solution would be two boards for different purpose but I don't like it too much :(

Hope this helps!

Cheers

0 votes
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

I agree with @miikhy. You could leave your quickfilter on.

Still, have you considered creating another board though? I'd create one for everyday use and maybe leave the big one for big meetings. It could be a hassle but perhaps work on your case.

Suggest an answer