"Open" status renamed, how to get it back?

Martin Hilbig September 20, 2019

at a clients organisation, certain individuals retain admin permissions due to their position, not qualification.

One such individual apparently renamed the default status 1 (open) to a custom name intended for a single workflow and project.

Little did he know, he thus changed the status in over 100 workflows, used in some 300 projects. service desk exploded with complaints about filters and boards not working anymore. 

In the status view, the status and step show correctly as "open". If you edit it though, it shows the custom name. Changing back does not work as it says that "open" already exists.

in workflow diagram view of any of the affected workflows, it shows the new custom name.

in workflow text view it shows the old "open" name.

when editing the step, it show step = open mapped to status = "custom name"

JQL queries for status = "custom name" result in a list of issues with status = open, while JQL queirs for status = Open result in empty results.

I understand there is a conceptual difference between status and steps, but at this point I just want to figure out how to get back to normal without having to change hundreds of workflow schemes manually.

Help us, General Atlassian, you are our only hope.

2 answers

0 votes
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2019

@Martin Hilbig 

I recommend to try  integrity check that comes with JIRA administration. also this plugin can support Integrity Check for Jira

Martin Hilbig September 23, 2019

Neither has shown any inconsistencies or issues.

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2019

If i were in your position, I would try to perform

0 votes
Suchit Kharatmol September 20, 2019

Hi Martin,

Can you please go to Issues -> Statuses  and rename the custom status to open.Please note that renaming statuses here will reflect globally.

Thanks,

Suchit Kharatmol

Martin Hilbig September 20, 2019

Hey Suchit. Sadly, I can not. It tells me that a status "open" already exists.

See, when I go to Issues > Statuses, the status is correctly displayed as "open". If I click on "Edit", it shows the custom name however.

Suggest an answer